Experience an Unforgettable Summer at Mystic Seaport Museum!
Mystic, Conn. (June 7, 2023) – Mystic Seaport Museum is thrilled to announce an incredible lineup of captivating summer events. Nestled in the charming coastal village of Mystic, Connecticut, the Museum invites visitors of all ages to embark on an unforgettable journey through maritime history, interactive exhibits, and engaging activities.
Discover the wonders that await you this summer at Mystic Seaport Museum:
- Juneteenth Recognition Events, Sunday, June 11, and Monday, June 19 | On June 11, the Museum is collaborating with Discovering Amistad for the fourth year in this recognition event featuring a keynote lecture, live music, artisan vendors, and tours of the flagship of Connecticut, the Amistad. On June 19, join us at the Museum’s new Performance Stage for a live theatrical performance of “Harriet Tubman: Woman with a Railroad,” written and performed by Adwoa Bandele-Asante.
- WoodenBoat Show, Friday–Sunday, June 23–25 | The 31st annual WoodenBoat Show, hosted in partnership with WoodenBoat Publications, returns to the Museum offering something for all wooden boat enthusiasts and maritime history buffs.
- Independence Day Celebration, Saturday, July 1 | Kick off your Fourth of July weekend with drills and demonstrations by Continental and British soldiers!
- Antique & Classic Boat Rendezvous, Saturday, July 22 | Join us for a dazzling display of high-quality antique and classic vessels including cruisers, sailboats, and runabouts. Approximately 25 classic vessels will create a colorful gathering along the Museum’s waterfront all day.
- 17th Annual International Sea Glass Association Festival, Saturday–Sunday, July 29–30 | The 17th Annual International Sea Glass Association Festival will be held at the Museum. Shop to support ISGA artists who will be selling their creations and learn about sea and beach glass from the experts.
- The 32nd Annual Antique Marine Engine Expo, Saturday–Sunday, August 19–20 |This is one of the oldest major marine engines shows in the nation with over 300 exhibits.
- Get out on the water!, daily through Labor Day | We offer visitors numerous opportunities to get out on the water this summer! From river cruises and sail, row, and pedal boat rentals to private charters, there’s a unique experience for everyone!
In addition to these highlighted events, visitors can enjoy a multitude of ongoing activities, including shipyard tours, lectures and book talks, live music, world-class exhibitions, including Alexis Rockman: Oceanus, the annual Moby-Dick Marathon, dedicated children’s spaces, on-site dining and more!
“We are thrilled to present a summer season filled with exciting events and experiences,” said Peter Armstrong, President at Mystic Seaport Museum. “These offerings provide a unique opportunity for visitors to engage with maritime history and culture in an interactive and enjoyable manner. We look forward to welcoming visitors from near and far to experience summer at Mystic Seaport Museum.”
For more information on the summer events at Mystic Seaport Museum and to plan your trip, visit the Museum website here.
Director of Marketing & Communications
Mystic Seaport Museum
About Mystic Seaport Museum
Mystic Seaport Museum is the nation’s leading maritime Museum. Founded in 1929 to gather and preserve the rapidly disappearing artifacts of America’s seafaring past, the Museum has grown to become a national center for research and education with the mission to “inspire an enduring connection to the American maritime experience.” The Museum’s grounds cover 19 acres on the Mystic River in Mystic, CT, and include a recreated New England coastal village, a working shipyard, formal exhibit halls, and state-of-the-art artifact storage facilities. The Museum is home to more than 500 historic watercraft, including four National Historic Landmark vessels, most notably the 1841 whaleship Charles W. Morgan. For more information, please visit mysticseaport.org and follow the Museum on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.