Part of this house was standing when brothers George, Clark, and Thomas Greenman purchased the surrounding land in 1837 and founded the George Greenman & Co. Shipyard. They lived here until George Greenman built his house next door in 1839. About 1849 the 1 ½-story house on this site was raised up and a new first floor and a two-story ell were added. For nearly 50 years it then served as a boardinghouse for ship carpenters and other laborers, run by ship joiner David Langworthy (1818-1902) and his wife Fanny. The Langworthy House will be restored as an exhibit building.