Free Admission for Children All Day
Mystic, Conn. (September 1, 2016) — Mystic Seaport announces Citizens Bank will be hosting Family Fun Day at Mystic Seaport on Saturday, September 17. Children ages 17 and younger will receive free admission when accompanied by a paying adult.
“Citizens Bank is proud to sponsor the Family Fun Day at Mystic Seaport, bringing the community together for a day of learning and fun the whole family can enjoy,” said Lisa Maass, President, Citizens Bank, Connecticut. “It’s a great opportunity for first-time visitors and frequent guests to spend time at this historic museum and enjoy activities for all ages.”
A quintessential New England experience, Mystic Seaport offers visitors of all ages a unique link to America’s seafaring past and the opportunity to immerse themselves in hands-on history.
In addition to the Museum’s exhibits, historic ships, and 19th-century seafaring village, the schedule for the day includes:
- Face painters, balloon artists and glitter tattoo artists on the Membership patio from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Activities for children include crafts and games in Home Port, the Discovery Barn, the Children’s Museum, a Navigation Quest scavenger hunt, and the Playscape playground.
- Free lemonade and coffee served in the Membership Building.
- A free cookie from the Bake Shop to all Citizens Bank card holders, compliments of Citizens Bank.
- Rowboat and sailboat rentals, waterfront cruises, toy boat making and Planetarium shows. (Subject to additional fees.)
Adult admission is $26, with a $3 discount for Citizens Bank employees with identification.
About Mystic Seaport
Mystic Seaport is the nation’s leading maritime museum. Founded in 1929, the Museum is home to four National Historic Landmark vessels, including the Charles W. Morgan, America’s oldest commercial ship and the last wooden whaleship in the world. The Museum’s collection of more than two million artifacts includes more than 500 historic vessels and one of the largest collections of maritime photography in the country. The state-of-the-art Collections Research Center at Mystic Seaport provides scholars and researchers from around the world access to the Museum’s renowned archives. Mystic Seaport is located one mile south of Exit 90 off I-95 in Mystic, CT. Admission is $26 for adults and $17 for children ages 6-17. Museum members and children 5 and under are admitted free. For more information, please visit https://mysticseaport.wpengine.com/ and follow Mystic Seaport on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.