This Brustolon House was built about 1863 as the George Greenman & Co. store. The store, which sold produce and other goods to the shipyard and mill employees and nearby families until the 1880s, was located on the first floor, with living quarters for the storekeeper above. It later became an apartment house. Like many older American buildings, it was covered with ceramic siding in the mid-1900s. It was acquired by Mystic Seaport Museum in 1994 and was named for the Museum trustee who last owned it. The house is now used for Museum offices.

The Brustolon House can be seen from Greenmanville Avenue, between the Museum’s North and South entrances. The house is not open to Museum visitors.